Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm content with my body but...

... I know it can be better.  Benny and I had this discussion and he thinks I'm doing well, diet-wise, and knows that I'm trying to work out more consistently.  But I know I can be better.

This doesn't mean I'm chasing an illusive body image.  If I don't change due to circumstances then so be it.  But why not make a healthier change to my diet and incorporate more exercise, especially as I know I don't need to carry this excess flab?  The "9-up-9-down" time period has passed (i.e. 9 mths of pregnancy weight gain, 9 mths of post-partum weight loss) and I'm 2 lbs shy of my pre-pregnancy weight, which wasn't in the average range for my height to begin with.  For transparency, I'm hovering around 130 lbs and am 5'1".

I'd like to be back around 120 at least.  This way I'm not wavering between sizes in clothing - I have 2 sets of clothes, either just a bit too big or just a bit too small.  I really don't want to shell out more money for a third set that fits me better now only to have it not fit 4 months from now.

SO.  On that note, I'm going to try joining Team Drew.  If you haven't heard of Drew Manning, he's a personal trainer who decided to let loose (pun intended) for 6 months then attempt to return to his original physique in another 6 months.  Read about it at www.fit2fat2fit.com.  I'll try his workout today and hope to continue this on Monday with an occasional prenatal workout (the one I have is killer!  Too lazy to get the title now.  I'll post it next time).  This also means I'll be bumping Christianity Today's Leadership section as my home page.  I need every reminder I can get!

Before I finish, mini-update on last night:  Benny tried to put Derek to sleep for 45 minutes, successful once but Derek woke up upon descent to the crib.  I went in, held him for an hour and finally got to sleep at 2-ish am.  Then the bugger had to wake up at 6 am!  Ya think he'd want more sleep.  At least he's napping right now.  Which means I should get moving and take advantage of this Me Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment