Thursday, December 22, 2011

I really need to get off my theoretical butt..

... and get my actual butt moving.  I am such an academic I can turn anything into a research project.

My newest field of study: productivity tools (ha, what irony!).  The Emergent Task Tracker was suggested to me by Amazon.com (don't laugh too hard now!) so I clicked out of curiosity.  Turns out it's a purchase-able version of what David Seah already has for free (but he makes the pad worth your money) so I went to go check out his site.  There are lots of really good forms, ones I wish I had when I was in ministry.  I've downloaded The Day Grid Balancer, The "Destruct-o-Matic" Task Progress Tracker, The Emergent Task Planner and Concrete Goals Tracker.  The last one is pretty neat, assigning points to types of tasks so you can look back on your week to see how well you spent your time.

I think any and all of these would be so helpful to those in ministry as it's so easy to lose track of how we spend our time yet we must keep schedules fluid due to the nature of ministry itself.  Hopefully this may help some of you out there who may find their days slipping by with The Next Project looming ahead.

Enjoy the site, and thanks to David Seah for helping productivity be a bit more fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment